The floating island has long been nicknamed as the Island of Love! Coincidence? I think not! You cannot pin point it exactly, but you damn well can feel it-love is everywhere, in the air so to speak, luring in all its fans to fall-in-love! Seeking a romantic getaway? Hop on a flight, Cyprus waits! Why is Cyprus top of the list amongst lovers? Read on and find out!
1. Magical Sunsets! There are thousands of spots all around the island ideal to watch the sun go down. The most breathtaking views of the sunset are at Petra tou Romiou (Aphrodite’s Rock). As legend has it, Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love, rose from the sea waves at exactly this spot! Fitting right?
2. Visit Prophet Elias! The charming chapel lies on a hilltop overlooking the glistening blue-green waters of Protaras! Magical! And a stunning spot to tie the knot! HINT HINT! Who knows, he might get down on one knee and pop the question!
3. Take a boat tour and discover hidden coves and bays nestled away waiting to be explored by you! Head for Blue Lagoon in Akamas and dip into the bluest waters you have ever seen! No need to pinch yourself, you are not dreaming!
4. Treat your better half to a luxury cruise around the island! Enjoy the glitz and glamour for a day or two! Sip on champagne, dip in blue waters, work on your tan, and soak in the beauty of the sunsets…this is THE LIFE!
5. Hit the spa and enjoy a day of pampering with your better half! Relax and surrender yourself to the capable hands of the Royal Spa in Limassol!
6. Fall-in-love over a candlelit dinner for two overlooking the infinite Mediterranean right at Paphos picturesque harbour! Romance is in the air, can you feel it?
7. Enjoy a live performance under the stars at the ancient Kourion amphitheatre and soak in the culture and history.
8. Explore another side of Cyprus! Take a tour through the many picturesque villages and discover the island’s traditions and customs. Stroll through the narrow alleyways and marvel at the unique architecture, mingle with the locals, but traditional souvenirs and enjoy the island’s hospitality.
9. Go on hikes through nature paths and discover the island’s green-blanketed countryside! Have a picnic for two, surrounded by blossoming flowers, soaring trees and breathtaking scenery.
10. Take an adventure and explore the world of the Mediterranean Sea!
11. Enjoy a lazy beach bay! The island is full of sun-kissed bays and coves…a perfect setting to enjoy each other’s company!
It’s no wonder Cyprus is one of the world’s top wedding and honeymoon destinations! Love and romance go hand-in-hand on the island, no one can resist its magical pull, and it’s everywhere! Fall-in-love in Cyprus!